This will be a series of talks about how we can increase consciousness in our communication. Most communication happens on an unconscious level, which can lead to misunderstandings and problems in relationships. Many layers of communication also happen within our selves.
Clearing both of these up facilitates personal and professional development, helps with decision making, improves relationships and raises consciousness on both internal and external levels.
The model used will be Transactional Analysis, a sophisticated theory of social psychology, personality, communication and behavior.
Transactional Analysis has many facets, including:
- Life Scripts: the stories we are unconsciously living
- "Games" people play to reinforce old, familiar, yet unproductive feelings
- How we structure our time, and its congruence with how we want to live
- How we go about obtaining our needs for recognition
- Which \\\"part\\\" of ourselves are we are communicating from and which \\\"part\\\" the other person is responding from
- Surface layers and hidden layers of communication (verbal and non-verbal)
Each meeting will explore one or more of these facets, including tools for application to become more conscious in our communication and in our lives.
This group will be facilitated by Mimi Pettibone, Certified Transactional Analysis Practitioner.